Saturday, May 29, 2010

Postage Stamp Quilt Progress

Remember my postage stamp quilt? I started it two years ago this month. That is so long ago! I decided it was time to finally finish it in time for Jacquie's Spring to Finish challenge. So I pieced together the back last week, basted it last weekend, and started to stipple it.

I started stippling and sewed away for a long time. When my bobbin ran out, I flipped it over and found this mess on the back.

I thought I would cry, but I didn't. Instead, I have pulled out my seam ripper and started ripping it out.

...and ripping some more....

So, I am still in the ripping stage, and this will not be finished before the Spring to Finish Challenge ends. I will persevere, and it will be finished soon. I love it, and I don't know why it has taken me so long to finish.

5 comments:

quiltermom2 said...

Very pretty! I have been thinking about doing one of these but seeing on how I'm a HUGE procrastinator... I should finish up my other WIPs before I start anything else.

teri said...

oahhhhhh
we all feel your "pain"
it is going to be beautiful






















'

Andi said...

Oh nooo!!!
Good on you for persisting!!

em's scrapbag said...

Oh that is so sad and frustrating. It is a wonderful quilt, can't wait to see it finished.

Sherry said...

looks like maybe a tension problem with the thread? Oh my goodness, I, too, can feel your pain but I would do the same thing - start ripping! I'm so glad you're finishing this quilt though because it is one of my favorites that you're doing. This one and the yo-yo one. You are SO inspiring!