Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival-Spring 2010

This is one of my favorite quilts. It is the first quilt from a virtual quilting bee that I have finished. I have more in stages that need to be done! I can't believe how many blocks I have made and sent out for these Craftster swaps. Anyway, I love it. It was made during one of the Craftster Lap Quilt Swaps. It was first posted about here. I finished it last summer.

It is 82 x 96 inches, and it is the biggest quilt I have made so far. It fits my full size bed perfectly!
Members who sent me blocks for this quilt include:

athenamat
j_q_adams quiltdad
flashleyashley
ritapizza mochistudio
1boy1girl1kitty2
MissDisney
glittergirl94
klum78
sewhelpme
jenicat
whoopdedoo_5
southernflower
critterpants

I tried to tag each block that was made for me on flickr here, but it was hard to peruse through some of the galleries. I also tagged the participants in the list with their flickr page if I knew it and their blog. The bee was in the summer of 2008, and it is easy to forget! If you know of flickr pages or blogs for these people, leave me a comment so I can add their information. That is why it is important to make notes.:)

The back is pieced with leftover strips from the front in a strip and quilted with a 3" diagonal grid pattern. It was so much fun participating in this swap, and it led the way to many more swaps.

If you have a quilt to share, go over to Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2010. Even if you don't have a quilt to share right now, you should go check it out! There are so many beautiful quilts showcased and you are bound to find inspiration.



16 comments:

Ritapizza said...

It's so gorgeous, Audrey, and such a huge quilt! I'm so thrilled to be a small part of this amazing quilt! I love the scrappy border and the scraps that you pieced for the stripe on the back! Love it!!

2miracles/Tove said...

Wow Everyone did such a good job. It makes a wonderful quilt.

Denise said...

love your quilt...great colors!

BJ said...

Very Pretty.

beth said...

beautiful quilt! I'm in a virtual bee and have YET to decide what I'm going to request when it's my month...aaaah!!!

Stephanie D said...

Yummy colors--and I am so very partial to purple! Everyone did a great job!

Martine Kuciel said...

belle réussite de l'association de couleurs félicitations

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Beautiful! What a fun surprise to see what blocks come in! Wow! I have so many unfinished tops or parts of tops, that my initial goal to complete twin size...is turning more into dreams of crib size, so that hopefully, I can get them done before grandbabies start coming!

Blessings & Aloha!
(I am hopping over from the Quilt Festival...hope you get a chance to stop by :o) Also...as a novice quilter...I am taking this opportunity to ask quilter's what type of sewing machine do you use? )

Mom said...

It is gorgeous in color and design.

em's scrapbag said...

Wonderful quilt. What were your instructions for the swap.

Leslie said...

this is absolutely gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Awesome quilt. I just found your blog, it is great.

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt and what a wonderful quilt to make up other sewers blocks. You've showcased them very well!

hugz, Pam

Angie said...

Great combination of blocks -- it is neat to see all of the variations of stars.

www.craftedAngles.com

Sherry said...

Just two words -IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sandra Henderson said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!!