Sunday, March 7, 2010

Aubie Dresses



I received my first clothing commission to make these Aubie dresses for a friend of mine from college at Auburn, Jayne, for her girls. It was fun making these dresses for her, but it is more stressful when you are making them for someone else! I used the same tiger fabric that I have previously used and the "Lucy" pattern from Children's Corner. These are a size 6. I used orange lining fabric and orange and white polka-dot ribbon as well. I also top stitched around the dress in orange thread.

They went out in the mail yesterday, and I can't wait to see how her girls look in them! I think she is planning on using them for the A-day game in April. War Eagle!

4 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

oh these are so cute! Great job
kris

Karen said...

They are SO cute! Excellent execution!

em's scrapbag said...

You make the cutest little dresses. The tigers are fun but I really love the green with the poka dots.

Martha said...

Very cute!!!