Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Zig Zag Baby Quilt

I finished my second zig zag baby quilt that has been in progress for a while. I had started it back in March. This is the second one I have made with this color scheme; the first one you can see here.

I am really loving the orange, pink, and green combination and I love the simplicity of the zig zag design.

I pieced the back on this one. I did not have enough green left over so I needed to do something to make it stretch over the back of the quilt. I am happy with the way it came out.:)

I am also happy to have finished another wip and just in time for Jacquie's Spring to Finish motivational contest! I have so many things that need to be finished! A list is coming later this week with all of my works in progress.

Happy Thursday!

10 comments:

Jackie Russell said...

Cute quilt. Love the bright colors. What do you use for your white fabric? I have a hard time finding a good white without a print.

Dionne said...

Wow, beautiful! You are officially one up on me. One down and two more to go!
Cheers,
Dionne

Unknown said...

Great finish! I love the back too :)

Andi said...

Love this one. So bright and happy.

SewAmy said...

I love the color combination too. It is beautiful.

jacquie said...

what a great way to start! i love me a zig zag quilt!! congrats!

MandMStudio said...

Love it:) I want to try a zig zag quilt soon.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cute quilt. My son's girlfriend wanted a bright orange and green quilt. I think the white in this quilt really makes the colors go together really well.

isolada. by design said...

This is just the cutest zigzag quilt. The orange, pink and green are fun together and I love the back with the piecing! Sweet, sweet and rock on with finishing up your wips. I look forward to your list!

Sherry said...

Oh my goodness audrey, I love everything about those quilts. Just the fact that they're baby quilts first and I clicked on the photos and looked close and I love the way you put the different tones of greens, pinks, and oranges together and your scrappy binding. I've never done that. It's really, really cute and makes you just want to snuggle. there's just NOTHING like a quilt. Good job.