Sunday, October 24, 2010

Patchwork Dreams

This past weekend I finished this patchwork sleepsack for Zerah. Ever since I first received Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner this summer, I have been wanting to make one!  I decided I better make it soon before she was too old for sleepsacks!  She is borderline too old at 13 months, but I love how she looks in them.  I am not ready for her to have a blanket in the bed because that means she is no longer a baby.:)

So she gets to wear a sleepsack a little bit longer.  I used the pattern from Handmade Beginnings but added about ten inches in length.  The pattern is for a 0-3 month old.  I also added another inch to the sides, but I don't know if I needed to do that.  I can't wait to see her bundled up in it tonight ready for bed.

I also finished the quilting on my postage stamp quilt last weekend, and I am slowly handsewing the binding on.  It is taking forever!  I have put in about 5 hours, and I am not finished with one side yet.  I have been working on it a little each night after Zerah goes to bed.  It is nice to have a project to work on in front of the T.V.



In addition, I recently stumbled upon the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild!  Modern Quilt Guilds have been popping up all over the country, but there wasn't one here yet.  Friday, I stumbled upon it, and signed up immediately!  So, if you are in the Front Range area and like modern quilting, go sign up!  I am so excited there is a chapter nearby!

13 comments:

isolada. by design said...

How cute is this sleepsack??? I love how beautifully bright it is for the fabric and patchwork. It's perfect for your little girl growing up but not too soon! She'll be warm and comfortable as she falls asleep safe in your love.

Hugs, Ana

Unknown said...

Adorable sleep sak! My kids are all too old :( Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I love sleep sacks too! I made a ton of them for my nephews when they were born! they are so handy!!

bethanndodd said...

Love, love, love this sleepsack. So cute and I especially like that it looks like a quilt...so cozy and warm. Too bad my kiddos are too big for one.

Jennifer said...

How adorable!! My daughter is too old but I have a niece on the way... hmmm...

Jennifer :)

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Love the sleepsack. Congrats on completing your challenge.

Barb in Mi said...

Ooh, what a cute sleepsack! Enjoy the few more weeks/ months with it

Robin said...

Yay for sleep sacks! Yours looks just awesome. I love the patchwork and all the fun fabrics you used. Yours makes me want to go out and make one too! :)

Sherry said...

Love it audrey! They do grow up too fast, don't they?

Allie said...

LOVE the sleepsack--so cute!

Sara said...

That is a great idea--too pretty!

dq said...

I've never heard of a sleepsack, but it is lovely. I'll bet is is so much more wonderful with your baby in it.

Congrats on your finish.

sb said...

Just found you via Flikr - I'm considering making this for a friend. Are you happy with the Velcro closure or would you have preferred a zipper? Thanks!