Thursday, July 23, 2009

Craftster Lap Quilt Swap Fall Edition Finished!


I finally finished this Craftster Lap Quilt Swap Quilt! It is the biggest quilt that I have made to date. It is 82 x96 inches and I could not find a place to hang it for a full on shot! Therefore, it had to drag a little on the ground.:)

This quilt was started last summer and it went through two rounds of the Craftster Lap Quilt Swap so I received 22 blocks from various quilters around the United States.


I pieced the backing together with a strip of the lavendar from the front and some scrappy strips that were left over. I used a 3" grid quilting pattern for the quilting. I am so happy that it is done and I love the way it came out! It now resides on our full size bed.

Happy Thursday!

11 comments:

Sherry said...

All I can say is WOWEE!!! What an accomplishment! Your mother sent me pics and one of you at the machine with that thing over your shoulder! It must be heavy. I've never done anything bigger than a baby quilt. I know you are proud of it and rightfully so. It is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love all the variety of blocks :) Enjoy snuggling under it!

Stephanie D said...

It is terrific, Audrey! I'm a big fan of purple anyway, and this one looks good enough to eat!

How's the pregnancy coming along? What's your due date again? (Sorry, I've been having senior moments here!)

MamaB said...

Wow!! that looks great, can't wait to see it in person. You did such a great job with it, I'm with bearbear the only thing I have done is a baby quilt. Great Job

isolada. by design said...

It's absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and the pieced back in that gorgeous lavendar. And I know it looks wonderful on your bed. Congrats on a job well done!

Karen said...

WOW Audrey, GORGEOUS! Love it. It came out so well. Happy you to have it on your own bed :)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

the lavender is lovely! nice job! Big and beautiful!

Ritapizza said...

wow wow wow! you finished it and it look amazing!!! that is huge! it looks really wonderful! congrats on finishing it!

Dionne said...

This looks AWESOME! Really, really spectacular! Funny because Rita posted her Lap Quilt Swap as well. And I wanted to let you know that I finally posted a picture of the Lap Quilt Swap IV that hung at the sisters quilt show. It looks fabulous!

Cheers,
Dionne

jacquie said...

whoa baby!! i remember seeing those blocks one at a time...who knew...it's so beautiful and i don't even like purple. amazing!!

Kimberly said...

It looks so awesome! And huge! I see my two blocks in there, I think. :)