Thursday, July 16, 2009

sewconnected2: May and June

I am catching up on my blocks! I have been on a roll this week with my sewconnected blocks. The one above is for Amanda for June. She asked for a 12.5 inch improvisational block including the letter strip. I love the letters she embroidered for everyone.

The next two blocks are for Tine for May. She sent these lovely solids and they just stumped me. I kept pulling them out of the envelope but could not figure out what to do with them until now. I don't know why the solids threw me for a loop, but they did! I used this pattern for the one above and made up the one below. I do like how they turned out and I like the boldness of the solid colors.


Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

These remind me of the Amish quilts. You did a great job!

Sherry said...

Oh forgot! I absolutely LOVE the letters, too! What a unique idea!

Stephanie D said...

I like the solids--so different and yet striking! And the star pattern is absolutely delightful!

isolada. by design said...

Oh, wow. Don't know where to being. I love the greens in the block for Amanda and the embroidered letters are sweet, especially if each block will have some.

As for the solids...WOWOWOW! I love how bright AND bold they are. You did a great job with them, just needed a little time to decide on the perfect design for each. Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Your blocks are great Audrey! I'm so glad that we got to meet via SC :)

SewAmy said...

love that middle block, the star in the star one.