Friday, April 24, 2009

Strip Twist Pink and Green


The pink and green version of the Strip Twist quilt is finished! I love the pink and green fabrics together. It is approximately 28" by 36". I used half of a Oh, Cherry oh! Jelly Roll from Moda for the fabrics on the front and assorted prints from the line and a miscellaneous green I had in my stash for the backing.


I attached the binding by machine using a decorative stitch. I really like how it mimics the meandering in the quilting. The binding is scrappy pieced using leftover fabric from the project. I am currently loving pieced bindings.

I had to do another pieced backing. This time I just did long strips for the back. I wanted to hang it up for a picture, but my improvised yarn clothesline snapped when I was trying to hang it up. So it was draped over the swing instead.

I love how quilts look all folded up! Have a good weekend everyone!

15 comments:

jacquie said...

so perfect for spring! makes me happy looking at it.

Dionne said...

I love this pattern! It's such great fabrics as well, it just screams of sunny days and fun times! Another great finish.
Cheers,
Dionne

isolada. by design said...

Beautiful pattern, fun quilt. Perfect! And of course I'm lovin' that decorative stitch to attach the binding. A little helpful hint that will definitely come in handy.

Enjoy, enjoy a wonderful weekend, too!

Peace out!

Stephanie D said...

That turned out really cute! So fresh and spring-like!

SewAmy said...

it's so bright and Spring looking. I like it.

Sherry said...

I love how quilts FEEL when you get under them! All your quilts are gorgeous. You are becoming quite an expert at quilting. Everyting you do is just beautiful. I love, love, love pink and green together. This is a wonderful quilt.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful spring quilt.

Iva said...

What a happy little quilt!

Karen said...

Audrey, it turned out great! I also love the folded up quilts.
Karen

Unknown said...

That Cherry fabric is gorgeous and I love the design!! :)

QuiltedSimple said...

Looks great! What a great happy quilt - great job!
Kris

em's scrapbag said...

What a happy quilt. I love the fabrics you choose. I love scrappy bindings also.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE the colors in this!

Unknown said...

Soooo pretty! I love both of the quilts you made with this pattern. So springy and cute!

Amanda Jean said...

what a pretty quilt!!