Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Apple and Pear Jumper

I tried a new pattern for this dress, and it was so easy! This is from Bonnie Blue's "Holly and Hunter's Jumper/Dress". I made the version with ribbon ties and I really like the bold white polka dots on the red ribbon. It is lined with red fabric with white pin dots, and the outer fabric is Alexander Henry. It is a size four. This is one of the quicker dresses that I have made recently. It went together in one evening after Zerah had gone to bed.

Edited to add: It was sent to Miss Cloud in New Orleans this past weekend. I heard that when she tried it on she said, "I feel like a princess." I love that!

3 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh this is cute! Jessie is taking sewing this year in 4-H and wants to make something like this for her project that she can wear over capri pants and a tank top. I love the red polka dots
kris

em's scrapbag said...

Have to agree the red poka dots are great!

Sherry said...

very cute, audrey! I love that fabric. It's so much fun to sew for little girls, isn't it?