Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh Cherry Strip Twist

This past weekend I finished my first Oh Cherry Strip Twist baby quilt. It is amazing how much easier it is to quilt a baby quilt than even a lap quilt! It is approx. 32" x 48". I used leftover jellyroll strips to make a pieced binding. I love this fabric line. It is so perfect for little ones and it just seems so happy and cheery:)-silly pun on words...

When I pieced together my green and pink version of this quilt, I had leftover blue blocks, so I included them as a row on the back of this quilt. I really like how the back turned out. The colors are a little washed out, so you can see the colors a little better here.

This marks my fourth baby quilt finish for the year and the third for the month of April. I may just have another one done by next weekend. I am enjoying Jacquie's Spring to Finish because it is giving me the drive to finish up all these in progress quilts! I still need to make more baby quilts because I know so many people with little ones on the way. :)

5 comments:

Andi said...

Love it!!!

Ashley said...

I agree that quilting a small quilt is so easy! I love the brightness of your quilts--so fun!

QuiltedSimple said...

I LOVE it! You are on a roll with getting all these baby quilts done!
Kris

isolada. by design said...

I love it even more after it's quilted and am really liking the blocks on the back. Food for thought. And that is a sweet fabric for children. Great job and incredible progress. Rock on!

Vanessa Hewell said...

wow-gorgeous! love your stuff.