Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tokyo Triangle Quilt: Progress Nov. 9th!

I have slowly been working on my triangle quilt this past week. Once you have a lot cut, it actually can go pretty quickly. I have been cutting and then drawing my sew lines while watching t.v. or a movie here and there.

This past week I was able to make another 130 of these flying geese units!

With the units I made last week, I now have 216! These are my brand new ones. I didn't bring out the older(er) ones for a picture. Coming soon! I am slowly getting there...

8 comments:

John said...

wow, you're really flying on this project. it's looking great! i'm still at a loss about how to make the other sized ones. i really don't want to paper / foundation piece. there must be an easy way to figure out the sizes and regularly piece them. i'm going to put some thought into it ...

Marie Ann said...

This is some very inspiring progress! I'm so impressed. These are really pretty too. Thanks for feeding me my quilting fix :) -- marie

isolada. by design said...

You're making incredible progress. And what a fantastic quilt this will be. Beautiful!

QuiltedSimple said...

Love your flying geese blocks - you are making quick progress. I used that same tutorial (thanks for the link!!) to make the geese for my tree skirt - talk about going together fast. Love the colors you are using!
Kris

Becky said...

your quilts are beautiful!

jacquie said...

i think i'd have triangle overload! wow...these are looking soooo good!

Unknown said...

I'm with Jacquie - I'd be on overload :) They look great! I like to cut, cut, cut then sew, sew, sew too!

Andi said...

Looks gorgeous. I justy love flying geese.
If you are interested in a super quick and easy way to make these blocks, have a look at:
http://patchandi.blogspot.com/2008/10/breaking-drought-and-also-little.html
happy quilting,
Andi :-)