Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oliver S 2+2 Tunic

For the first day of Kid's Clothes Week, I finished two Oliver+S- 2+2 tunics.

I started making these a few weeks ago, but I sewed on the buttons yesterday morning during my thirty minutes of sewing. I really like how they turned out! I had not used Oliver S patterns before, and I was really impressed with how detailed the instructions were. This made it so much easier to sew. It is like taking a mini-lesson in garment sewing.

This is a 6 months size with fabric from Joanne's. I love the top one; it is made of little bunny toile that is so cute. It is a really faint design, but it is easier to see upclose than in this picture.


The second one is also made from fabric from Joanne's. I bought it off the sale table because I wanted to try it in cheap fabric first. My husband thinks the fabric looks like a hospital gown, so now that is all I can think of. Oh, well... it doesn't help that it buttons up the back!

I have some flannel that I would like to make another one of these out of for the fall.

We are also 1/2 way through the Spring to Finish challenge, and I have 5 finishes total. You can click on the button at the top right corner to go to Jacquie's original post, and I am keeping track right above it with links to the projects I am finishing.

4 comments:

jacquie said...

those oliverS patterns are totally cute! i'm hoping for some grandbabies someday (not too soon) and then i can start using them!

QuiltedSimple said...

oh these are cute! now i need a little one to sew for again:)
Kris

em's scrapbag said...

These are so cute. Makes me want tos sew little kid clothes. To bad I don't have any little kids anymore.

Andrea from The Train To Crazy said...

I love this pattern. I just ordered it and am hoping to turn out a few next week!