Sunday, May 22, 2011

English Paper Pieced Diamonds



I recently saw this post on Crazy Mom Quilts, and I knew it would be the perfect summer project for me.  In a couple of weeks, I am traveling to see my in-laws and my parents in Mobile, Al. and in Destin, Fl.  I needed some type of project that would travel easily and would allow me to work on a sewing project while I was there.  I ordered some quilt patis and got started!


I am not very far yet, but that is okay! This will be a great project to take along to the park or for car rides, and I mainly plan on working on it when I am unable to pull my sewing machine out.

Life Under Quilts has started a Quilt-a-long for this type of project, and if you click on the link above, it will take you to the flickr group.  She also has a great youtube video for how to put these together if you would like to start one too!

4 comments:

Katie B said...

These are looking great! I'll have to check out that tutorial.

quirky granola girl said...

i love Amanda's stars and now you are making them, too? this is fantastic. i want to look at them all of the time, but i'm not yet brave enough to make some myself. :)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great take along project. You will surprised with how many stars you will have finished at the end of the summer.

Amanda Jean said...

oh! you are making these, too! do you love it? if i start in the morning on the stars i am always afraid i won't get ANYTHING else done for the rest of the day. it might just be my pet project these days. :)