Monday, May 16, 2011

Dressing Up the Table


 This past weekend I finished up a table runner for our kitchen table.  I started this table runner this past fall using some 1 1/2 scraps I had left over from my postage stamp quilt.  I really like the way it turned out, and I would love to have a big quilt made in this same style.  That will need to wait a little while because piecing those little squares can be a little tedious.  It wad definitely worth it though!


 I used Alexander Henry Farmdale for the the binding, and I love it!  They have that print at Joanne's and I want to make a skirt out of it too.

For the back, I used the last big pieces I had of my Moda Basic Gray Origins leftover from a skirt I made last summer and the gray leftover from the front.  I don't remember the color of gray this is, but it is Kona from Joannes.  I think I like the back as much as the front, and it took a fraction of the time!

I hope you are all having a great start to your week!

6 comments:

Anita said...

I love it!

Jennifer said...

This turned out great! That is one of my favorite Farmdale prints too...

Jennifer :)

Katie B said...

Very nice! It's definitely reversible!

em's scrapbag said...

I really love this. You did a great job!

quirky granola girl said...

you used a lot of my favorites--i'm using that basic gray print in a quilt, i just bought that farmdale print and i love medium gray kona. great table runner.

Amanda Jean said...

i am in LOVE with your table runner. all those little squares with the grey? perfection!!! an entire quilt would be superb!