Saturday, August 23, 2008

Can you guess the state?

I knew the fight song when I was six. I attended all most all of the home football games there from the time I was 6-7 until I was 23. That is a lot of football games! My dad "threatened" to disown me if I attended the rival school-although that was never an option to me. It is where I met my husband. When I was at school here, I had at least 6 first cousins~second cousins attending with me at the same time-maybe more?. Football games were mini-family reunions. My father, my brother, and all of my aunts and uncles also went here-6 of them! The majority of their children attended Auburn as well. War Eagle!

6 comments:

Stephanie D said...

I know! I know! (waving hand wildly)

It's my home state!

But I'm not going to spoil it for everyone else. EG

Nat said...

You know that I know (b/c I am a huge fan as well) so I am not going to ruin it for people that might want to guess. Beautiful fabric!

QuiltedSimple said...

Okay - I'll bite and be the one to *say* what I think it is outloud - ALABAMA!?! Great blocks!
Kris

MamaB said...

Love the block. Also know the state I live here. If you are born in this state or move to this state you have to declare which school you are for.

War Eagle!!

audreypawdrey said...

I will post the answer tomorrow, so any last minute guessers have a chance!

audreypawdrey said...

Well, you were all CORRECT! Wow, smart people read this.:) Although, I think the only person who didn't have prior knowledge or who doesn't currently or never has lived in the state and experienced the football madness is Kris of quiltedsimple. Nat and Mom, you both completely cheated.:)