Monday, August 4, 2008

50 States Quilt Block Swap- Colorado

Rocky Mountain High, Colorado! Colorado is now finished. I found this white water rafting fabric on clearance for 1/2 off (love sale fabric) and it completely reminded me of Colorado.

I also had this tree fabric that reminded me of the great outdoors that I decided to use for the background fabric. Part of me likes it and I also wonder if I should have chosen something with more contrast.
I do like that it mimics the mountains with the rivers and the trees.

The one above is an image that could have been taken in Colorado I think with the mountain right above the river. Only 36 more blocks to go!

Thanks j_q_adams and jacquie for the suggestions regarding North Carolina. I completely understand the team spirit because I am an Auburn girl myself and when I get to my Alabama blocks there might be some War Eagle fabric. :) I am very tempted by the turtle fabric and am going to the fabric store to see if they have any this afternoon because I have seen it before and it is gorgeous.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Audrey, Hi again! I go to the Alpine Quilters guild (http://www.alpinequilters.org/), sometimes. I like your white-water blocks, it sure does look like Colorado!

Anonymous said...

Oh these are neat! I actually thought the trees were photos too. I'm still marveling over your post about Mr. Gnome's Vacation! I love it, and thanks so much for popping by! :D

audreypawdrey said...

The whitewater rafting fabric is fabric I bought! Not my family transferred to fabric although that would be cool. :) (I will remember that.)

MamaB said...

Love your blocks, will send some Auburn material for the Alabama block.

War Eagle

audreypawdrey said...

Thanks Mom!

Nat said...

I was glad that you said that you were going to use Auburn stuff in your Alabama block! War Eagle!