Tuesday, August 5, 2008

50 States Quilt Block Swap-Florida

This is Florida. Doesn't it remind you of Florida? I love this dolphin fabric so much. Yes, I do believe I will marry it. It is from Robert Kaufman's Island Sanctuary. I picked it up as a fat quarter at a local quilt shop. When I saw it, I immediately thought Florida.

When I was young, my family would go visit family at Uncle William's cabin on the bay outside of Ft. Walton, FL. He had this really long pier that extended out into the bay. There were all these crab cages hanging off the side and benches at the very end. You could sit out there and watch dolphins go up and down the bay, jumping up and down, from the pier. It was very, very cool.

I chose the orange batik because it reminds me of sun rays and heat. It also reminds me of oranges. I like the contrast between the cool blue and warm orange as well. Plus, they are the colors of the best college football team ever.

2 comments:

MamaB said...

Very Nice, it does remind me of the beach. Going back to work is going to mess up your sewing time.

jacquie said...

this one is so great! very floridian