Friday, August 6, 2010

Rapunzel Dress

When I saw that Heather Ross was coming out with more of her fairy tale prints in the Far Far Away 2 line, I knew I had to make a dress out of them. So I picked up the Rapunzel print and the coordinating roses to make this little dress out of for Zerah.

I have made this pattern before, but it about drove me crazy this time. I kept sewing the sides up in the wrong order enclosing the straps; I ripped out the sides no less than three times, but I like the way it turned out.

Pattern: Bonnie Blue Madison
Fabric: Far Far Away 2 by Heather Ross
Lining is orange and white gingham
Size: 18-24 months

I have been taking Zerah for three mile walks everyday this summer while I have been home trying to be active. It is nice to get outside in the fresh air. Here is the view on our walk today:

It was beautiful out!

4 comments:

Vanessa Hewell said...

That dress is too cute! Serious fabric envy going on here.

Andi said...

Very pretty dress!!!

QuiltedSimple said...

lovely dresses you've been making! I wish jessie were a little younger....lol
Kris

SewAmy said...

I love the far far away dress. I'd love one in my size. It turned out so cute.