Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Mail! Letters R and G for my ABC quilt!


Way back in April, I attended a retreat in Ft. Collins that Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts was attending as well.  I was working on my A block to finish up my sewconnected quilt, and it was fun because she was also in the Sewconnected Virtual Quilting Bee with me.  She offered to make me a couple more letters, and I jumped at the chance to not have to make 14 more blocks.  So a couple weeks later I mailed off some fabric to her and then mailed more this summer because I kept finding fun additions.   Last week, she mailed me my "G" and "R" blocks which I love!  Didn't they turn out great?

"G" is for grapes, golf, guitar, giraffe, ghost, garlic, and girl.

"R" is for rabbit, robot, roads, runners, rooster, rabbits, ruler, and rings.

Thank you, Amanda, again for making me such awesome blocks!  Maybe I can finish piecing the top together this weekend.  I might squeal with glee at this top when it is complete!:)

3 comments:

quirky granola girl said...

hooray for more letter blocks! they look great!
i just finished my 3rd i spy quilt. i'll blog about it this weekend. poor Henry's still isn't done though...

em's scrapbag said...

These blocks are great! Love all the R and G fabrics that were used.

Amanda Jean said...

you are welcome! sorry it took me forever and a day to get them completed. i'm anxious to see your quilt finished! and i love it without sashing. it's perfectly planned AND executed. what a treasure this quilt will be!