Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Dress for my daughter...

 I made this dress for Z today!  I used the Lucy pattern by Children's Corner in a size two, and the fabric is from Joanne's.  It seems they always have at least one cute corduroy every fall, and I love this print with the deer, owls, bunnies and mushrooms.  It is perfect for fall.

 The Lucy pattern is my favorite for a simple A-line dress.  I lined it with some bright green Kona cotton for some cute contrast, especially when she is running and kicks up her hem.  I added a peachy orange ribbon to give it a little more interest as well.


The dress took about two hours to make, including cutting out fabric and a quick run to the store for buttons.  I love it with her new fall boots she got for her birthday last week!  I need to make more of these for her this fall.  It has been a while since I have made little dresses!

I am linking up to Stitched in Color's Celebrate Color below.
Celebrate Color

4 comments:

Katie B said...

I love that dress! What a little cutie. The boots are killing me!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

ADORABLE! That is a really cute corduroy, but I'm a sucker for corduroy =). Agreed, those boots are a great addition!

Melissa said...

What a cute dress and adorable fabric. I wish I could find cute stuff like that at Joanns!

Kelli said...

So cute!!! JoAnn does carry some great corduroy now and then. And the green lining and the boots all make it work!