Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tiger Sundress


I recently finished a crossover back sundress for Zerah. I went to Auburn University so Zerah has to have some Auburn inspired clothes! This little dress has tiger faces all over to be like Aubie! It is a 12 month pattern, and she is a small almost 9 month, so it is a little big right now. It should be about perfect when football season starts.
One of my favorite design elements of this dress is the crossover back. Isn't it cute? I added ruffles all along the edge using my ruffler foot which is such an awesome tool. If you don't have one and want to make ruffles, I highly encourage you to pick one up. It makes it so easy!

I topstitched around the bodice and skirt as well.


I have played with the idea of opening an etsy shop and selling dresses. I am going to open one up soon, as soon as I can build up some inventory. It wouldn't be much of a shop if it only had one dress.:)


I will be offering these dresses for sale in my shop when it opens, or you can contact me to set up a custom order beforehand. I can currently make these in Size 1 or 2 in this fabric. If you would prefer a different fabric, let me know and we can set something up.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Awesome job! Bet you get lots of orders from your Etsy shop!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I love this dress. Did you create this pattern or does someone have it for sale? I remember being 3 or 4 in the early 70's and I had a crossover dress like this that was white with little blue apples on it.

I have a niece who is a size 5, so maybe I'll be visiting your etsy store. :)

Sherry said...

Your topstitching is beautiful! I have one of those ruffling feet, too - a suggestions from your mother's friend, Kathy, that lives in Florida. It IS awesome. I think some little matching panties would be cute with that dress, Audrey. Do u have a pattern for those?

Sandra Henderson said...

WAAAAARRRRrrrrr EAGLE!!!!

Gosh, I'm so behind on your lovely blog! So many nice things you've made! Great work! :)

The Youngbloods said...

War Eagle! That is adorable!

LovinGoods said...

This is precious!Were did you find this fabric? I have searched and searched and can not find it.
WAR EAGLE!
-Christie