Thursday, February 5, 2009

SewConnected January


I finally finished my block for SewConnected for January. It took me forever to make this block, and I am not sure why. It always takes me so much more time to make an improvisational block than using a pattern. I love the greens and browns she chose. Some of the fabrics are cotton and some are silk which gives it a luminosity that I love. I wanted to include a large swath of the green floral print because it is so pretty, but then it just seemed too big so I included the angles to add more movement. I am now caught up on my sewconnected blocks!

5 comments:

isolada. by design said...

How funny! I just finished posting a comment on this very block on Flickr. WOW! Love it. Fantastic job. Wonderful fabrics.

Unknown said...

Love it Audrey!!! I had inspirations strike last night for the new fabrics :)

SewAmy said...

tell her I like the green and browns together too.

Tracy said...

Awesome job, Audrey! It catches my eye every time I see it. I never would have thought of the diagonal breaks.

Sherry said...

I love those colors together. Had no idea you were improvising these blocks! Wow! How creative! You did a great job!