One of my goals this year is to finish most of my unfinished projects. I want to leave some room for new and exciting things that come my way so I won't say ALL of my projects but most of them. Here is my list with pictures:
1. This is my quilt top from the Star Quilt A Long that crazymomquilts hosted last spring into summer. I still need to finish the backing, baste, quilt, and bind this one. I do love how it turned out.
2. Finish a table runner like this for me before Christmas next year. I have the top pieced and it is basted. Now it just needs to be quilted and bound. I ran out of time before Christmas this year. This is the one I gave my mom.:)
3. Finish my hourglass quilt. All of the rows are sewn together into a rectangle of 10x15 blocks. I bought orange dots for the border. I need to sew on the orange border, get backing fabric, baste, and bind this quilt.
4. My quilt blocks from LQS3 need to be pieced together. I still haven't decided on sashing or not. I am leaning toward sashing in tan or a purple or green....maybe even orange but probably not.
5. These blocks are from the 50 state block swap. I need to make two more and then I have no idea how to put this together. I can't decide on the finished size but 50 blocks is an awkward number for me. Would it be 25 blocks by 2? 5 x 10?
6. Tokyo Triangles Quilt
I have made so many of these! I really need to count. I still haven't figured out how to piece the big and small ones that sit side by side.
7. Yo-Yo Quilt
This is the neverending quilt project. I might finish this year. I have so many 12x12 blocks that are pieced together. I just haven't finished sewing them in strips and then the strips together. This is around 1,000 yo-yos.
8. This is a quilt top from the first two rounds of the Craftster Lap Quilt Swap. It needs backing fabric, to be basted, quilted, and bound.
9. Scrappy Disappearing Nine Patch
This is just the top. I have started a pieced backing which I need to finish. It then needs to be basted, quilted, and bound. I really want to finish this one this year.
10. Postage Stamp Quilt
I still have not made up my mind on how to put this together. I am leaning toward adding small white strips around each square so they look like paints in watercolor tray but leaving them in this arrangement. They are not all exactly the same size-which worries me. Each square is made up of 100 1.5" square of fabric.
11. Thangles BOM 2008
I only have 8 of these blocks finished. I may make one more and then turn it into a baby quilt.
12. 1930's BOM
I have eight of these six each blocks complete. It is an ongoing offer at my local quilt shop so I am not going to mark this one to complete this year. I would like to catch up on all the months that I am missing-about ten. I would also like to learn how to applique so I can also complete the applique blocks that go with this project!
I am afraid that I am forgetting a project! My goal will be to complete one of the projects listed above a month. If I can accomplish that goal, I will have eleven finished projects for 2009. I can start a new project when I have completed one. There is no way I could make it through the year without starting a new project, plus I already have a couple in mind!:)