Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Farmdale Apron Dress


I finished a new dress this past week using Alexander Henry Farmdale and DS dots, which I love together!  I used the Portabella Pixie Claire Pattern with a few variations.  The skirt, apron, and straps are from the Petal Knot Dress and the bodice is from the Apron Dress in an 18 month. 

I was going to use the Petal Knot Bodice, but it was already too small for her.  I cut out the pieces, sewed them together, and made the buttonholes; I then proceeded to try it on her before attaching the skirt, and it didn't fit! I was so happy that I hadn't finished the whole thing before putting it on her!  So, I ripped out the straps and started over with the bodice.  I also shortened the skirt by three inches, so she wouldn't step on the hem of it as she climbing around.  We tried it out at a local farm this past weekend.  It matches her bucket hat!

7 comments:

Jackie Russell said...

Cute! Love the little chicken print.

Jennifer said...

Adorable! Love the knots!

Jennifer :)

seaschell said...

That is SO CUTE!! A great dress for a farm trip!

Katie B. said...

So cute! I can hardly stand it!

quirky granola girl said...

adorable!!

amandajean said...

ack! soooooooooo adorable!

you are right, those fabrics look SO SO great together!

Stephanie D. said...

That is so adorable, and I love that it matches her hat!

But your little model is even more hug-worthy! She's precious!