Monday, February 21, 2011
Scrappy Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt
This past weekend I finally finished my I-spy disappearing nine patch! I started this back in 2008, and I finally quilted it this past weekend. It is so bright and cheerful that I am very happy with it. I also love how scrappy it is.It is approximately 81"x 94", so it will fit a full size bed. It contains 2,052-2.5" squares, and the little black squares are 3/4" square. I quilted it with simple straight lines going vertically. I used a polka dot on black for the binding.
I started thinking about why it took me so long to finish this one, and I realized that I finished the top before I got my new sewing machine for my birthday in 2009. I couldn't quilt very well on my old machine, so I was tentative about using it to sew this top up. When I did get my new machine, I was pregnant, and it was really hard getting on the floor to baste. I then became distracted with new projects, but I am so happy I finally pulled it out to finish!
If you want to trace the journey of this quilt, here is where I have blogged about it previously.
Cutting fabric and assembling squares
Starting to take shape
Top is finished!
I also wrote a tutorial for the disappearing nine patch block if you would like to try it out!
Disappearing Nine Patch Tutorial