Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tokyo Triangle/ Geese in the Forest: Progress

I have been picking up old projects and trying to make some progress on them. Back in November of last year(!), I decided to start the Tokyo Triangles quilt I kept seeing around. So I started sewing and sewing, until I had around 250 geese made. I then started sewing these little geese into sections of three.

This past spring, twiddletails started a block of the month for a geese in the forest quilt based on the tokyo triangle quilt. Here is March's Friendly Flock below.


May's block "Friendly Formation" is here!
I may use some of my groupings of three to finish up April's block since they are the correct size and all I will need to do is add sides. Paper piecing is easier than I thought it would be, but these take forever to make! I don't know how I will combine all of these blocks quite yet, but I am excited about how they will look together. I am using up scraps and bought the cream to work on this project.

11 comments:

SewAmy said...

they are turning out so cool looking. It is going to be such an awesome quilt.

Andi said...

Love your geese!
They look wonderful.
Andi :-)

Karen said...

How neat! I think they are turning out very nicely.

Vanessa Hewell said...

I can't even fathom the patience it takes to quilt! I know I certainly don't have it. Looks fabulous.

die-fadenwerkstatt said...

This will be worth making all these flying geese. It already looks gorgeous!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Gorgeous. I'll have to make some. I love this little block.

isolada. by design said...

It's very pretty, Audrey. It really does look like your geese could take flight! :)

I continue amazed at your dedication and diligence in sewing these many small pieces. Fabulous!

Unknown said...

WOW Audrey! I love all the different colors! Beautiful :)

Marie Ann said...

I sent you an email to your gmail but I haven't heard back ... let me know if you're interested :) marie (athenamat)

jacquie said...

oh how i wish i had this many done. these are wonderful!!!

Amanda Jean said...

i love ALL your geese. they are stunning!