Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hot Pans!

I seem to have gotten a potholder kick. Each one is little wonky and scrappy, too.
I love the flames on the potholder above-hot, hot, hot! It's on fire! Your hands won't be though because I used insulbrite and batting to keep those fingers safe.;)

I used this tutorial over at sewmamasew for both the inspiration and the how-to. I had the hardest time with the binding loop, so each potholder was assembled in a slightly different manner for that portion. I think I have it down now though.
This one is my autumn potholder. See the apples and fall leaves? Plus, there are peanuts for all the football games. :) I see several more of these in my future.

8 comments:

Nat said...

Audrey- Those potholders are awesome! I love them.

QuiltedSimple said...

I love these - they would make awesome Christmas gifts with a loaf of bread or a baking mix! Fantastic job!
Kris

MamaB said...

Love these, I want some of these for my Christmas.

jacquie said...

i should make some of these...my potholders get so nasty so fast.

Ritapizza said...

great potholders!! they're so wonderfully scrappy! where do you find insulbrite?

SewAmy said...

very cute, I need to make some. My pot holders now are falling apart.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The potholders are fantastic! Would they be good for me to try as a beginning quilter?

audreypawdrey said...

Rita, I found the insulbrite at Joanne's for $5.99 a yard. I used my 40% off coupon to make it an even better deal.:)

Jackie, I think this would be a great beginner project. I am practicing my binding with these, myself. What a great way to practice free motion quilting, too!