Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Four more blocks!


I made four more blocks for my quilt from the Craftster Lap Quilt Swap. I think I may make a few more to keep making it a little bit bigger. Thanks for all your suggestions on whether I should use sashing or not. My original thought was to not use sashing, but I am now leaning towards using a thin strip-maybe 1/2" finished... I would like to make the blocks pop a little, but I want the majority of the quilt to be the blocks. Still trying to decide...

I have four more blocks that should be coming my way soon. We had one person who has been very absent so I really may only have two more blocks coming. :( It really stinks when there is someone who flakes out on a swap especially when I sent fabric to them (which they still have) and I made two blocks for her. I had to rely on delivery confirmation to even know that she had received. Oh, well the swap was still fun, and I would still do it again.

2 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Your blocks look great! I think a very narrow sashing would really make them pop! And yes, it stinks - I just got burned in a pincushion needlebook swap, but lucky me, the lady who organized the swap is making me one - so it worked out, but it's still a BUMMER!
Kris

Anonymous said...

I love your fabrics, that's going to be a really nice quilt! Yeah, I got burned by the same flaker. Ah well such is life I guess.