Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sew Connected: Block for Rita


I have joined another quilt block swap over at SewConnected on flickr. Big thanks to John at QuiltDad for letting me join! All of the quilters are so great that I am a little intimidated, but I hope my blocks turn out well for them.
I finished my October block for Ritapizza. She sent the little embroidered rabbit with the kite. I wanted to include something reminiscent of kites so I used flying geese. I like how the row on the right looks like a kite tail. Her fabrics are so beautiful!

5 comments:

isolada. by design said...

very pretty fabrics...bright and cheerful! I like the "kite" design, too. Fun!

Libby said...

Lovely...these group projects are so fun.

Stephanie D said...

I like those bright citrussy (sp?) colors and designs!

And you're right--it does look like kite tails!

SewAmy said...

the block is adorable. I wish I would be known about swap. How fun!. Your embroidery is adorable too.

Amy said...

I think it looks great!