Monday, November 24, 2008

New fabric and no more stains!

Look at all these pretty things! I broke down and bought a new iron yesterday and a new ironing board cover. My old cover was very stained. It seems that my old iron had rust inside which would leak out occassionally and make spots like these.

Those lovely stains came from my iron! If the cloth was wet, this is what would happen. Yesterday I was working on a tree skirt for our little Christmas tree and it sputtered out a couple little brown spots on the white portion. Yuck! They came out, thank goodness, but I was done with the old iron.

Just to make sure I didn't get any more spots, I purchased a new ironing board cover, too! It is cute with the little brown irons all over it. It is from K-mart. I had no idea that you could buy a ironing board cover based on how often you ironed; they had daily, weekly, and monthly. The more use it would get, the more expensive it was. I went for the weekly but I do iron almost daily; Really, could there be much difference?

A local quilt shop was having a 20% off everything in the store sale, so I picked up some more pinks for my pink star quilt a long. I am going to create borders around each block in one of these fun Amy Butler patterns. I love these fabrics! So pretty!

Edited: The ironing board cover I picked out was $9.99-the daily cover was almost $15! Brand new iron-only 19.99. (Good deal for the relief and prettiness it brought me!)

9 comments:

SewAmy said...

I didn't know there are was difference in ironing board covers. I love the little irons on your. I too need a new ironing board. Were they pretty cheap at K-mart?

isolada. by design said...

A new iron and cover is a wonderful little thing, isn't it? I'm in need of a new cover myself. Darn. And I was just at Target yesterday but forgot to look. Geez.

I noticed the fabric on your first picture almost before the new iron. It's adorable, perfect for your pink star quilt!

QuiltedSimple said...

I desperately need a new iron - sometimes mine starts, sometimes it doesn't. I guess what do I expect for a 13 year old iron? Love the new fabrics.....so bright and cheerful!
Kris

Unknown said...

Good for you! I need a new cover but my board may be on it's last leg - so I'm waiting :) Love your fabrics - I have a few of those waiting for me. . .

em's scrapbag said...

I'm with you how much different could they be. Probably not enough to justify the price. I LOVE all your pink fabric!

jacquie said...

i have that problem with my iron too. what kind did you buy?

Dionne said...

wonderful fabrics, can't wait to see the results!

Sherry said...

I've heard you can run white vinegar thru your iron and make it quit spitting. I've done that before and was able to clean it and keep my iron a while longer. I hate it when that happens! I wish I could remember the blog but I read one the other night about a girl who bought fabric that is heat proof (sorry, I don't know what it's called but I think you use it in making hot pads and oven mitts, etc.) and some Amy Butler fabric and recoverd her ironing board. It was SO cute! I'll try to find that and send it to you. Your cover is so darling with all those little irons and it IS fun to get a new iron and, especially, new fabrics! And PINK, PINK, PINK! Love it! That is going to be some great quilt!

Sherry said...

I found it. It's ayumills.blogspot.com - Pink Penguin. Search for ironing board.