Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WIP: Wednesday


 It's Wednesday, and I have decided to make a list of my works in progress-mainly so I will remember not to start anything new!  At least, I am trying to not start anything that is a huge project any time soon.  A couple of my blog friends (Katie and GreenStyleMom) link on Wednesdays, so I thought I would join in!

 
Finishes:
This week I finished my tablerunner!


In Progress:
Hexagon Pillow
 This past weekend I checked out a new Quilt Store in Denver called Snappy Quilts.  They have a great assortment of fabric, and I picked up these fat quarters to make a pillow to go in our yellow kitchen that will match the tablerunner I finished this past weekend.


 I cut hexagons and machine pieced them together using some of the skills I picked up at the retreat I went to a while back.  It was tricky, but I am glad I am trying to learn new things.

 This will be a pillow once I add one more row to the width.


 Yo-Yo quilt
 I am determined to finish this summer!  I don't think this is the most recent photo of my progress, but I will have to pull it all out and rephotograph.  I am at the joining it all together stage right now. 
 Paper Pieced Diamond Stars
I just started this one, and I don't have any pictures yet!  My yo-yo quilt is too big to actually tote around anymore, so this is my traveling project.

 Sewconnected Quilt
 I have made the backing, have the batting, and I just need to baste and quilt.  I won't get to this for at least another week.


ABC I-Spy Quilt
I am still collecting fabrics and making blocks.


Nine Patch Quilt a Long
I just need to add sashing, borders, and put it all together.  I hope to finish this one this summer.


 Back Burner/Tabled:
 
 Geese in the Forest/Tokyo Triangles
I need to pull this one out again and see which blocks I still need to make!

 Nine Patch Quilt #2
I was obviously crazy enough to start a second nine patch quilt before I finished the first.


 Craftster Lap Quilt Swap
Top is finished.  It needs to be quilted.


Star Quilt a Long
Top is finished.
Not pictured:
50 States Quilt
Lap Quilt Swap #2-Dog Quilt
Lap Quilt Swap #3-Picnic Quilt
Kona Solids Guild Challenge Quilt


This Weeks Stats:
New Projects: 1
Projects Finished: 1
Projects in Progress: 11
Actively Working On: 4
Back Burner: 7

I think it helps me to just see how many I have to finish to help encourage me to not start anymore new quilts!

13 comments:

Greenstylemom said...

Why does it make me happy to see that others also have quilts on the back burner?! Love all of them that you have started, and your hexie pillows are going to look really good with your table runner. Esp since you have a few in the Basic Grey.

SewAmy said...

yes, love them all. Your star quilt along is just gorgeous.

Marsha Cooper said...

I wish I could have this many quilt projects going at once! I would like to know more about the yo-yo quilt...or a photo of it more close up.

Delilah said...

Wow, you have got your hands full! I love the gray sashing you used for your table runner, and that yo yo quilt is amazing..all of it is!

Jennifer B. said...

LOVE the way you are doing the I-Spy quilt!! Can't imagine how many different fabrics you'll need to get the whole thing done!

jovaliquilts said...

What a fun post -- SO much cool stuff! I've never seen an I Spy like that, but I love it.

Katie B said...

Very nice! I'm glad to see you've joined. It really does help you stay on track, and crossing things off the list is so fun!

I'm in love with the yellow and gray hexagon pillow. Great fabrics!

Melissa said...

Oh my stars, that makes me tired! I've been too busy with life lately to even blog, much less sew anything. (sad sigh)
You need to bottle up your energy and sell it. You'd make a mint!

Kristen said...

Wow wow wow! Lots of eye candy around here! :)

Vicki said...

I love this post and wanted to say I've made 2 of the one-a-day 9-patches as well. (Mine are both done, amazingly.) Maybe I will get up the courage to post a UFO list one day on my blog like you've done here. :)

Rachel said...

Wow! You and I have similar tastes in patterns. I'm also working on a hexagon pillow and a scrappy nine-patch quilt. I'm impressed by your yo-yo quilt!

Lee said...

Holy cow! Lots of WIPs, and I love them all! Yellow and gray hexagons!! Love love love. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Amanda Jean said...

what a bunch of gorgeous WIPs! it looks like you need to start some quilting, girl. ;)