Monday, August 2, 2010

Back from Vacation!

Actually, we returned home early last week, but it has taken me a while to start sorting through photos, unpacking, washing clothes, etc. We went to Mobile, Panama City, and Sandestin over two weeks, and it was fabulous. It is so nice to have time to see family since we live so far away from them.

While there we went to the beach, Seaside, ate delicious seafood, and had a wonderful time. I had such delicious food! I tried to eat as much seafood as possible including three shrimp po'boys, fried oyster blt sandwich, red snapper pontchartrain, lime marinated shrimp on grilled grit cakes with mango black bean salsa, fried shrimp, shrimp and grits, grouper sandwich, and I know I am forgetting some!

Zerah did pretty good with traveling. I flew with her alone on the way down. We flew from Denver to Atlanta and then onto Mobile. The leg to Atlanta went great; she slept and played and was happy. From Atlanta to Mobile, she cried and cried and cried. I was that person on the plane who received all the nasty looks, but she was overtired and nothing much could be done. The return flight went much better because my husband was there to help with her.

I made a camera strap cover and bag to take down to my cousin-in-law, Shanna, who made Zerah a beautiful sweater. It is my first camera strap cover and I thinking of making some for my shop. It was fun to use some of my scraps for this project.

I also made a bag for her. It is a simple bag, but I really like the patchwork strip down the front.

Shanna and her mom worked together to make this cute set for Zerah. Shanna knitted the sweater which I love. Isn't it the cutest thing? I love the ribbon around the yoke. Sharon made the watermelon pillowcase dress that goes with it. They are so cute!I also came home with about twenty homemade outfits for Zerah from my mother-in-law. They are all so beautiful. I need to take a picture of all of Zerah's dresses that I have made and others have made for her so when she complains that she doesn't have any clothes to wear as a teenager, I can show her how rotten she was as a baby.:)

I should have more posts this week as I have made another outfit for Zerah since we have been back and I have been cooking quite a bit as well. If I haven't been around to visit your blog, I will get there eventually. My google reader has +1000 posts to read; it may be a while.

No comments: