Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Disappearing Nine Patch

Over the last several months, I have been swapping squares of fabric with people all over the United States-which is pretty cool. Some have been 2.5" squares.
Other squares were 5" originally and I chopped them down to 2.5".


Over the last three weeks, I have been slowly assembling the squares into 9 patches with a black in the center. Actually, they go pretty quickly when everything is already cut up!

I have some pretty neat fabric that people have sent me. Athenamat has sent some really cute squares including some that you see here. :)



I still need to make many more 9 patches.

Isn't that cute summer fabric! I love the umbrellas.

I am then going to cut these in half vertically and horizontally so I have four smaller squares like this!

These squares will get flipped around.

Then juxtaposed with other cute small squares.

Eventually, I will have a scrappy disappearing nine patch similar to the one above. These are not pieced together yet, still waiting to cut all those 9 patch squares that you see up top.

My fresh squeezed disappearing nine patch is almost done! I have a small piece of binding left, and then need to throw it in the wash so it gets all wrinkly and pretty. I should have pictures of the finished product tonight or tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marie Ann said...

Looking great! So scrappy and bright.

John said...

Such great fabrics! This will be awesome. Did my purple and orange scraps help you with your other quilt?