Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do you want a free book?

I stumbled upon this by accident, so I am assuming that many of my friends are not aware of this yet. Barnes and Noble has book clubs on their site-which is a cool way of meeting other people who love to read and discussing different books.
I am quite excited about this thread that just popped up. I had not even noticed it until I went there to give you the link for their New Look book club. They have a discussion thread about/with Anne Rice! She is one of my favorite authors and I have read every single book she has written and have many autographed 1st edition copies of her book. Here is a picture of me getting the novel Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt signed by her.
Check this out: Anne Rice at Barnes and Noble Center Stage Thread
I just bought her newest novel Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana about a week ago. I will read it this weekend. I am excited about being able to ask her questions!

The best part is they have this New Look book club which is not currently open for the next book. The basic idea is that they will open a new thread where you can sign up for the FirstLook Book club. This link is the only one I can currently find: link

When they open a new book club, you can find it on their website under bookclubs. I have received two absolutely free books from them-The House at Riverton by Kate Morton which I really liked-will reserve space to keep it on my bookshelf for that one- and The Sister by Poppy Adams which I will read next week. I have already heard really good things, so I am excited about reading it.

No comments: