Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Camera Strap Cover


We had two snow days in a row here in Colorado, but it was for cold rather than snow.  The windchill was -14 yesterday!  I also have had a cold the last two days-really sore throat and a fever.  I did manage to finish up this camera strap that I had been wanting to make for a long time! 


I love that this camera strap has a pocket built into the strap for your lens cover.  I am so bad about taking mine off and setting it down somewhere that I don't remember later on.

This is my new camera that I bought back in August, a Nikon D5000.  We had purchased tickets to go to an outdoor music festival, but we then decided not to go because I wasn't sure it would be the best environment for a year old.  So we sold the tickets, and I got a new camera instead for my birthday, several months later.  I love it, and it was a great choice to make not going to the show (which would have been tremendous fun).

My friend Vanessa has a great tutorial over on her blog LBG studio for the strap cover, along with numerous other tutorials.  We actually went to high school together, but I didn't sew then.  I think she might have, but we definitely never talked about it.  I wish we lived closer now because it would be great to have an old friend as a sewing buddy now!  Go check out her blog if you haven't been by before!

2 comments:

Vanessa Hewell said...

Love your cover! Really like the quilt lines. Actually, I took some sewing classes before moving to Alabama, but didn't really get into it until 2 years ago. I would love to have a sewing buddy nearby! I do remember us going to that art supply store in Birmingham but prob no sewing talk back in the day :)

Stephanie D said...

I really like that camera strap cover--am going to mark it so I can go back and find it again later!