Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Pillowcase Pants and an etsy shop!

I picked up another vintage sheet the other day and started making pants! I also opened up an etsy shop where I put all these pants for sale! I had been wanting to open one up for a while, but I just didn't have the time. I finally decided to build some stock and see what happens. Eventually, I will have some baby quilts listed in there, too.

I made a total of five pairs ranging from 6-12 monts to 2T. They are perfect for the summer because they aren't as hot as the knit pants, yet they are still really comfortable. I have been using them on Zerah when we go for walks to cover her legs from the sun, yet they still let the breeze through.

It was a lot of fun deciding what to use for the back pockets and for the ruffle along the bottom.

Some of the pants and the same fabric for the back pockets and some have two different fabrics because I like using lots of different fabrics. It reminds me more of a quilt, I think.

I also had to use ruffles and rickrack! So there is rickrack across the back pockets...
...and along the bottom of the pants on top of the ruffle.

These were really fun to make, and if they don't sell, my little girl will have plenty of fun pants!

Go check out my new etsy shop and tell me what you think! I also listed one of the Auburn tiger dresses that I made a couple of weeks ago.

5 comments:

Stephanie D said...

They're all so cute--hope they sell!

Dionne said...

These are adorable! It almost makes me want to have another baby just to dress her in your adorable clothes!

em's scrapbag said...

These are too cute! I love the one with orange ruffles and pockets. To bad my little girl is 10.

Ritapizza said...

These pillowcase pants are too cute! I love the sunny fabrics! Congrats on your new Etsy shop! I heart it so!

GardenOfDaisies said...

These are the cutest thing ever!! :-)