Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pink Seersucker Gingham Playsuit

I finished the "Paulie" playsuit that my mom and I worked on while she was here last week. I had to attach the ruffles along the bottom and add buttons after she left. I like the way it turned out!

It is made from the Children's Corner Paulie Pattern in a 6 month old size. I used pink gingham seersucker that my mom brought from home; I am not sure where she purchased it. We used rickrack around the yoke and attached rickrack across the front of the bodice as well.

I love the sash on the back, but I need to get better at tying pretty bows.

I love the ruffles along the bottom of the pants. I used my new ruffler foot, and it was so easy.
I definitely want to make more of these. I think she needs the short version for summer...

4 comments:

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Wow, you have been busy. It sounds like you had a great birthday! all those patterns and books and that ruffler! I am going to have to find one. Who knows, I may already have one.

QuiltedSimple said...

Ok. this is too cute! keep in mind - when you get her pictures taken - be sure to put her in one of these adorable outfits! I made all of Jessie's clothes for her pictures up until she hit 3 years old (including the ruffly little dress, apron, panties and bonnet). Our friends all thought I was nuts to MAKE all her clothes for her pictures, but it was so perfect.
kris

em's scrapbag said...

How adorable.

Sherry said...

I have this pattern and have made a Christmas outfit for Paige but in the last Sew Beautiful magazine I bought, they took this pattern and lengthened the yoke to make a top from it and put ruffles on the bottom of the top. Then they made long shorts out of the bottom part with ruffles. They appliqued a turtle fishing or something like that on the top. It was so cute and a different way to use the pattern. Do you buy the Sew Beautiful magazines?