Saturday, January 30, 2010

Aubie Dress

It is never too early in our family to start indoctrinating the little ones to grow up to be Auburn fans. I went to Auburn for college, as did my husband, got married at Auburn, my dad went to Auburn, most of my aunts and uncles went to Auburn, the majority of my first cousins and second cousins went there, and it goes on and on. Football games were mini-family reunions every Saturday. So even though we live in Colorado, Zerah needs an Auburn dress.

I love the little tigers on this fabric! It was found in Mobile over Christmas, and I used the Lucy pattern by Children's Corner. It is such an easy pattern. I had to add the polkadot ribbon as an added detail, which I love. It is the first time I have added further embellishment on a dress, and I love the way it turned out. I really should have ironed it again before taking a picture, but you have to grab it when you can while the sun is out and Zerah is asleep.:)

War Eagle!

5 comments:

Mom said...

cute dress!!

ROll Tide :-)

Margaret (I went to the "other" college)

QuiltedSimple said...

This is a cute one. She will be adorable, and at that age, dresses are so much cooler than shorts and shirts....

Stephanie D said...

How absolutely adorable! I will have to send a link to this to my brother! lol

Sherry said...

Yes, Zerah definitely has to have Auburn clothes!! War Eagle! Very, very cute:)

Pat said...

I like your blog. It has a nice variety. Your projects are beautiful!